Tuesday, November 14, 2017 / by Geoffrey Zahler
Wanted to address something today that we are constantly hearing at Zahler Properties about waiting until the 1st of the year to sell your property, and the potential pitfalls it may provide. Like anything else, regardless of whether or not it's during the Holidays, the BEST chance to have a successful sale is by pricing the home correctly and get it properly exposed to as many potential buyers as possible. A proper and professional Marketing Plan should have your home be exposed to multiple avenues of potential buyers, not just through the MLS.
Reasons to Sell during the Holidays:
- While there may be fewer buyers, people who ARE looking are far more serious buyers. Think about it. No one wants to just go joy searching this time of year. It could be a job transfer, school situation, etc. Those that are looking this time are year are more serious and potentially going to be real buyers.
- There are fewer homes for sale - you'll have less competition. Let the other seller's "wait until January." Putting your home on the Market in November / December gets you on the market when inventory levels dip. Our overall inventory this year compared to last year is already down about 40%, meaning this season could be an EXCEPTIONAL time to sell!
- After the Holidays, we see a push of inventory, causing more supply, and therefore potentially less demand for your home. Less Demand = Less Money!
- Homes tend to show better when they are decorated (or at least cleaned) for the Holidays. They have a "homey" feel to them when Buyers are walking through a property. Now, this doesn't mean to go "ALL OUT" and have the biggest front yard decoration in the community, but subtle decorating gives a house a home feeling.
- Buyers have more time! When people are off, they can concentrate on the purchase of a home without fear of work, kids, etc.
- Hiring the right agent can get you eyeballs and interested buyers, but restrict the showing schedule to times that you want to be shown. You as the seller remain in control!
- Finally, with timing, there is no reason you can't LIST the home now, and have a close of escrow after the Holidays, in the new year, or even in February. Why wait to start the process then, when you can be finishing it, and moving into your NEW HOME!
If you've thought about selling, it's a good time and a better time to do it now before the January inventory increase. Give us a call at 702-758-4699 or email at Info@ZahlerProperties.com and we can get you started on a Marketing Plan. Want to know what your home is worth? http://bit.ly/SearchVegasHomeValues
Thanks for Reading!
- Geoff Zahler